Sunday, September 1, 2013

Shortening days

Friday

I was passed by two speedy cyclists on the way to, and the way back from work today.   One was a redheaded nurse in green scrubs riding a mountain bike.  She waited patiently at the red light to turn left.  So great to see someone following rules of the road.  Another was a man in his 50's or 60's wearing lycra heading up the hill, turning left at Union.  I still don't know who most of my co-commuters are, but I bet that I will gradually get to know who they are, and recognize others in this enlarging community.

At Millenium park I was greeted by a bounding young doe, and instead of bounding off into the woods, she ran along with me in the general direction of the bike path for 50 yards.  I enjoyed her bounding and lightness.

Getting to Lake Leota, the rays of sunrise peeked over the trees and hills.  The shortening days have interected with my commute hour, and soon I will have to shorten my Millenium ride, or ride in the dark, or ride at noon.  Eventually daylight savings will end and I'll be given an extra hour in the morning again.

This morning was warm, moist from the previous night's rain, and the golden sunrise light infused the landscape with a golden glow.

Asters

No comments:

Post a Comment